Friday 15 February 2013

Friday 15th Feb

Hello everyone,

So this is blog number two. In 24 hours i will be on my way to the airport to fly to India with WaterAid.

I have now finished packing, just about. I hope my bag is under the 23kg allowance because I really don't know what I'd take out!

Since the last blog more and more people have found out about my trip and everyone has been really supportive which is great. I have been given some advice including the following:
1. Don't talk to strangers
2. Don't get in an strange cars with strange men
3. Don't get stolen
4. Don't drink the water
5. Don't eat salad
6. Eat a banana every day
etc etc....

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the above list, it's nice to know you care!! Also, if you would like to add anything further please do comment on the blog!

I am planning on opening a twitter account before I fly so you will also be able to follow my progress on that whilst I am away.

I am getting a mixture of feelings now that the trip is so close, part concern about what I am likely to see, and part excitement about the adventure I am fortunate enough to be going on! Some one at work commented that the trip is a bit like a celebrity going to Africa on a Children In Need filming visit... I guess it kind of is... not many people are lucky enough to be chosen to go and see first hand the difference a charity is making to people's lives.

I can't wait now. I want to be on my way!

So, the next post you will get from Caroline or myself will be when we are in India I think, unless Caroline posts today as well.

Please add comments to the blog if there is something you want to know about our trip or about WaterAid in India.

Thanks for reading!

Erica. x

No comments:

Post a Comment